Ripped off by Opodo

Insurance Quality

The issue that I have experienced was: Opodo sent us a email confirming we were booked on a Thomson Airways flight and sent us the booking reference. We have the email.

We also have pics of the Opodo iPhone app where we can see the flight Thomson Airways, the time, destination and origin.

When we got to the airport in Las Palmas, Thomson Airways told us we were not on their passenger list and that Opodo had made a mistake. We were not able to fly. I was left at the airport with y two kids, 7 and 9 years old... no hotel, no food, all our luggage and on the phone to Opodo and messenger for the next 6 hours.

When eventually my husband managed to speak to Opodo after waiting for 2 hours he was put through 3 different people and one of them told my husband our booking was on easyJet and that they wouldn't take any responsibility.

I am now taking legal action and claiming the cost of new flight tickets (£400), plus taxi, plus telephone bills, plus hotel, plus food and plus all the time taken and emotional stress caused. I will take them to court in The UK and put bad reviews everywhere.

It occurred on: 7/01/2019

Product or Service Mentioned: Opodo Flight Booking.

I didn't like: No answer to complain, No desire to resolve.

Comments

You ought to buy tickets directly from the issuing authority, not some cut rate bargain basement search engine run by persons of questionable morality. Is it really worthy it just to try to save a few pence ? I doubt it.

Resolved: Opodo in Hamburg, Hamburg - Hidden and illegal service fees

Resolved
2.2
Number of Destinations

Update by user Nov 01, 2017

After lots and lots of complaints, Opodo finally aggreed to refund the charges.

Original review posted by user Sep 25, 2017

I booked a flight through Opodo, and the website never showed service charges until the very last booking step. Comparing prices with other websites is de facto not possible, and European law makes it illegal to not show the final price on the first page.

Opodo charged me 60 USD and despite multiple complaints and e-mails, they still refuse to refund the money.

Although there have been several courts judjing against Opodo in similar matters, they still claim they are allowed to charge these fees. I can only discourage everyone to book using their websites, since they don't feel they need to stick to the law.

Product or Service Mentioned: Opodo Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: No desire to resolve, Silly email reply, Hidden charges, Illegal charges.

Comments

Hi there,

Can you please submit a ticket below so we can look into this further for you:

Best regards,

Christos - Customer care.

Opodo - NEVER book through eDreams

Number of Destinations

had booked a flight through eDreams affiliate site, Opodo. After selecting the ticket, it SPECIFICALLY stated that there were NO booking fees.

After the payment processed, i was charged an additional 16 euros, a booking fee, that was advertised as not existing. After the flight in question was cancelled, eDreams REFUSED to reimburse me. In stead I had to chase it up myself, and got it sorted. I have now been trying for 9 weeks to get my booking fee reversed.

Either the staff is dumb, or incompetent, or they think that by ignoring the issue at hand will wear men down. In either case, the replies I get from them are simply mindbogglingly ***. If ay all possible, AVOID eDreams.

A thorough review on my part would have prevented this headache. There reviews online are not good.

Product or Service Mentioned: Opodo Flight Booking.

I didn't like: Hidden charges, Silly email reply, No answer to complain, No desire to resolve.